Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Repeatable on demand at any time. Happened most recently at 2026-09-28 15:49
Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.13.6
Q: OS Version
A: Windows 11 Business
Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.91.0
Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No
Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: I wish to sync the site from the server however exclude some files. At very least I need to exclude the .env file as if I sync that it breaks the local site because the database details are different. This is a bedrock wordpress. When I select “Pull from Kinsta” then click on the relevant site I then click on the arrow next to “Files” to deselect the .env file. I navigate through the file tree and deselect the .env file. Suddenly the top level “Files” is deselected and shows 0 B will be downloaded even though all other files are still selected. See screenshot below:
If I do click the “update local site” anyway none of the new files are downloaded. Only the database updates.
The logs show:
[2026-09-28 15:49:52.544] [info] [terminalExec] Child process exited with code 0
[2026-09-28 15:49:52.692] [info] [getDirectoryTreeFromLs] Structure of the direcory {
type: ‘directory’,
name: ‘public’,
path: ‘.’,
fullPath: ‘/www/site_986/public’,
selected: true,
indeterminate: false,
children: [
{
type: 'directory',
name: 'repos',
fullPath: '/www/site_986/public/repos',
path: '/repos',
children: \[
{
type: 'directory',
name: 'site',
fullPath: '/www/site_986/public/repos/site',
path: '/repos/site',
children: \[
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\], \[Object\],
\[Object\], \[Object\]
\],
selected: true,
indeterminate: false,
isVisible: true,
size: 25
}
\],
selected: true,
indeterminate: false,
isVisible: true,
size: 3
}
],
isVisible: true,
size: 0
}
Is there a way to make this work as expected? Obviously it would be better to have an ignore feature to ignore certain files such as .env permanently, however at very least I need to be able to manually deselect them on sync.
Thanks,
Nicole
